Forums » News and Announcements

Jerseys . Organizers said no one was injured in the

• 1201 posts
    March 18, 2019 2:08 PM EET

导出博客文章RIO DE JANEIRO -- The main ramp of Marina da Gloria, the sailing venue of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, partially collapsed on Saturday. Nike NFL Jerseys . Organizers said no one was injured in the incident that raises further questions about the quality of construction in the Olympic host city.Philip Wilkinson, a spokesman for the Rio 2016 organizing committee, placed the blame on high tides and a stormy sea. The collapsed structure, which is temporary, is the main access point for boats to reach the water.Wilkinson also said the construction company responsible for the project has been contacted and is expected to make the repairs within four days. Sailing competitions begin Aug. 8.Training will not be affected as the boats can use the permanent ramp to the side of the damaged structure, the Rio 2016s spokesman said.International Olympic Committee spokesman Mark Adams it would be wrong to make a great deal of the Marina da Gloria incident. In the run-up to the games, things happen, Adams said.World Sailing said in a statement that it is following closely the efforts to fix the ramp. Spokesman Malcolm Page said that a coach boat pontoon was also damaged on Saturday.In another incident caused by strong winds in Rio, water inundated TV studios on Copacabana Beach near the volleyball arena. Iron boards were used to contain the waves.Rios construction standards have been under heavy criticism since April, when a new elevated bike path that was heralded as a top legacy project of the Rio Olympics collapsed, killing two people.On Saturday a much-delayed subway extension was inaugurated. It will open on Aug. 1 to link the Ipanema and Copacabana beach areas to the western suburb of Barra da Tijuca, site of the Olympic Park. The line will be available only to event ticket holders, athletes and media covering the games.------AP Sports Writer Stephen Wilson contributed to this report. NFL Gear From China . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Cheap NFL Shop . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.jerseyschinanfl.com/ .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Tony Stewart will carry each of his Stewart-Haas Racing employees with him for his final NASCAR race.Stewarts No. 14 Chevrolet will have a special paint scheme complete with each SHR employees signature with the words Always a Racer, Forever a Champion as well as pictures of his 18-year career on the hood. A three-time champion, Stewart is retiring after the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Stewarts team also will host about 75 SHR guests for the finale. Aside from that, he hopes to keep a low profile through the weekend.We didnt want all the ceremony and distraction this year, Stewart said. We just wanted to focus on the race car and run well and let the NASCAR fans see us race a final time.Stewart asked to skip the pomp and circumstance that accompanied Jeff Gordons retirement last year. Instead, he chose to focus on his team. The result was five top-five finishes, eight top-10s and a win in June. Stewart passed Denny Hamlin on the last lap at Sonoma Raceeway to claim his 49th career victory and earn a berth in the Chase for the championship. Cheap Football Jerseys. Stewart failed to advance past the round of 12, though.In retirement, Stewart plans to race dirt tracks, oversee his World of Outlaws team and Eldora Speedway next year. He also will keep up with his duties at SHR and help Clint Bowyer make the transition as his replacement.Youre going to see me driving a lot next year, but most of it will be on dirt, Stewart said. I kind of look at this as halftime of my career, and Ill still be around the NASCAR garage. Ill just have more time. If I see Richard Petty or anyone else in the garage, I can go over and talk to him now and not have to worry about getting to the car or trying to figure out how to make my car go faster. I can focus now on what I want to do and my job at SHR.---More AP auto racing: www.racing.ap.org ' ' '