Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

There appears to be some drama in the land .

• 124 posts
    February 15, 2019 5:58 AM EET

Beginning with the third series of the game Customized Miami Dolphins Jerseys , Reshad Jones was nowhere to be found on the field. Instead, he was found on the sideline without a helmet having several animated discussions. This included talks with Assistant Head Coach Shawn Jefferson, Defensive Coordinator Matt Burke and several other players, including Cameron Wake. No official injury was reported in the press box during the game and no official statement was given. Instead, we found out after the game from Adam Gase that Jones pulled himself out of the game. When pressed, Gase said that he wasn’t quite sure because he was focused on fixing the offensive issues.“Yeah www.authenticsmiamidolphins.com , I’ve got to look at that and find out what everything entails. It sounds like he pulled himself out. So I’ve just got to find out kind of what happened there... I haven’t gotten in it. I haven’t asked a whole bunch of questions because we were having our own issues on the other side of the ball. It will be one of those things where I’ll probably learn a little more tonight and try to figure out what’s going on.”When we asked players in the locker room, they all said they weren’t sure what happened.Furthermore, Jones was not in the locker room when the media was present so no one could ask him about the issue. I asked Jerome Baker about Jones. His response was, “I don’t know what exactly happened. Reshad is one of those guys. If he’s out, there’s a good reason. It’s not just because he wants to be out. He’s a great guy.”We also asked Minkah Fitzpatrick about Jones. He said, “I’m not really sure. I was out on the field and they just told me to move to safety.”Cameron Wake was pressed on this during his postgame press conference Miami Dolphins T-Shirt , and he said that any conversation that he had with Jones would stay between him and Jones. He did not elaborate any further.Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald soon tweeted afterwards, “One Dolphins source on Reshad Jones...”If he doesn’t want to play for us, (bleep) it.”So, it appears that no one really knows the answer. The Dolphins made sure that everyone knew it was not injury related but instead, he pulled himself out. We’ll have more information as the night progresses and throughout the week so be sure to stay tuned to The Phinsider and our Twitter accounts. Follow Matthew Cannata (@CannataNFL) on Twitter by clicking here. Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake has joined other players in complaining about the NFL's officiating emphasis to discourage quarterback hits."It's sad," Wake said Friday. "I don't think it's a secret that the league is concerned about player safety. It just depends on what players."Wake's teammate Miami Dolphins Hats , end William Hayes, suffered a season-ending knee injury last week and said his foot caught in the turf as he was trying to avoid landing on Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.Wake said the league should acknowledge that when it comes to player safety, quarterbacks 鈥?including Miami's Ryan Tannehill 鈥?come first."Just tell me, 'Listen, we're going to protect quarterbacks differently," Wake said. "Just be blunt about it. Not 'we care about your safety Miami Dolphins Hoodie ,' because you don't care about my safety. You care about some people's safety. My knees mean just as much to my family and my ability to play and provide just as Tannehill's does. I can't understand that his are more important than mine."Rulings on quarterback hits have been a source of debate through the first three weeks of the NFL season, with players complaining about a lack of consistency on such calls.Wake described steps to make football safer an "uphill battle.""I think the crowd likes the violence," he said. "You see plays on TV, you see big hits, you see the oooh's and the ahh's, and they like that. That's what I'm sure helps drive ratings."