Forums » Suggestions

n but has n

• 764 posts
    December 27, 2018 5:02 AM EET

HAMILTON, Ont. -- Another second-period collapse by the Hamilton Bulldogs ensured they would leave the weekend without a point in three games and their already faint playoff hopes made nearly impossible. David van der Gulik scored twice in just over three minutes of the second period as the Lake Erie Monsters handed the Bulldogs their third loss in as many days, 4-1 in the American Hockey League on Sunday. Hamilton head coach Sylvain Lefebvre was honest when asked to assess his teams situation. "At this point of the season, if you dont compete and you dont do it with desperate energy, you dont deserve to make the playoffs," he said. "Right now, weve dug ourselves a pretty big hole, and if weve stopped believing and weve quit, no ones going to benefit from that." Van der Gulik had three points, and Chad Hunwick and Michael Schumacher also scored for the Monsters (25-27-6). Calvin Pickard made 24 saves. Christian Thomas had the lone goal for the Bulldogs (25-28-5), who fell to last place in the AHLs Western Conference standings. They sit 11 points out of a playoff spot with just 18 games to play. Hamiltons Devan Dubnyk stopped 21 shots. Lefebvre sent a bold message to his players after losses on both Friday and Saturday, making captain and leading point scorer Martin St. Pierre a healthy scratch. "Im not happy with (St. Pierres) game," he said. "Ive been talking with him and sending him messages here and there. "Sometimes, as a coach, you have ways to get guys going, and hopefully he can rebound and get playing the way that he can." Two fighters who had met earlier this season renewed hostilities to open the game, as Hamiltons Nick Tarnasky and Lake Eries Guillaume Desbiens took part in a staged fight at the faceoff. Dubnyk looked confident in the early stages, twice denying the Monsters in close after giveaways by defender Morgan Ellis. His efforts kept Lake Erie off the scoreboard in the first period, and Hamilton nearly opened the scoring just over 10 minutes in when Sven Andrighetto eluded coverage to slip into the low slot, but neither he nor Maxime Macenauer could get wrist shots past Pickard. Hamilton finally opened the scoring at 15:55 of the first when Andrighetto slipped a pass into the high slot that set up Thomas for a crushing slapshot over Pickards shoulder. The goal was a welcome sight for the rookie, who admitted that his production of just 19 points in 39 games has not met his expectations. "It was big, because I havent scored in a while," he said. "Ive been having a slow season so far, but hopefully that gives me some confidence for the rest of it." The Bulldogs looked to build on their lead in the second when they were awarded a penalty shot when a broken stick was used to interrupt play. Andrighetto was selected to take it, but he couldnt solve Pickard. The missed opportunity proved costly when Lake Erie went to a power play, and van der Gulik scored his first of the period to level the game at a goal apiece at 16:06. He scored again just 3:06 later, when Andrew Agozzino sent a centring pass into the high slot, and van der Gulik connected with a low, one-time shot that clipped inside Dubnyks far post. Lefebvre singled out Andrighettos missed penalty shot as a turning point in yet another discouraging second period for the Bulldogs. "Our second periods have been nowhere to be found this year," he said. "We gain momentum in the first period and then we come out in the second and were flat." The Monsters added insurance with second power-play goal as van der Gulik threaded a pass from the point to Hunwick at the left circle. He had plenty of time to work with, and beat Dubnyk with a wrist shot over the shoulder at 9:11 of the third period. Schumacher added a fourth Lake Erie goal when he stole the puck from a Hamilton defender and shot through Dubnyks pads at 13:45 of the third. Authentic Jevon Carter Jersey .com) - Sergio Agueros 63rd-minute goal was enough to lift Manchester City to a 1-0 win over 10-man Manchester United on Sunday at the Etihad Stadium. Authentic Kyle Anderson Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. http://www.cheapgrizzliesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-jarell-martin-jersey. - Playing a road game against a division rival raises the intensity for linebacker Clay Matthews. Authentic Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. Authentic Allen Iverson Jersey . Ellis had a season-high 37 points and two key assists late, Dirk Nowitzki led a fourth-quarter rally with 14 of his 35 points, and the Mavericks spoiled Howards best offensive night in Houston with a 123-120 victory over the Rockets on Wednesday night.TORONTO -- Toronto FC fans got to see the man of the moment, England forward Jermain Defoe, wear the captains armband against his old club, and perhaps a glimpse of the future in Canadian teenage striker Jordan Hamilton. It was the 18-year-old from Toronto who got on the scoreboard in a losing cause as Tottenham defeated Toronto 3-2 in a soccer friendly Wednesday on the strength of an 85th-minute goal by Andros Townsend. Andrew Wiedeman and Hamilton had scored second-half goals to pull the home side even before a sellout crowd of 22,591 on a warm evening at BMO Field. Lewis Holtby set the table for the Spurs winner, driving towards goal before finding Townsend who curled a shot past Quillan Roberts, another homegrown teenager. Argentine midfielder Erik Lamela scored twice for Tottenham in the first half before Toronto shot back in a far more competitive and entertaining second after the teams combined for 17 changes at the break. "It was a different game," Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino said of the second half. It was only the second pre-season game for Tottenham, with Pochettino reminding his post-game audience that "for me, its another training session and its game that was good for our supporters, to show our improvement." In the first half, Toronto seemed to have one eye on its weekend league match with defending MLS champion Sporting Kansas City. Defoe got virtually no service from his teammates and found himself having to take up the role of playmaker to get something going. The England star was substituted at halftime, one of seven changes by manager Ryan Nelsen. Veteran Dwayne De Rosario took over as captain and told his crew that change was needed. "I just told the guys we didnt come here to spectate," De Rosario said. "This is our field, this is our home. We have to take it to them. I think we did that in the second half and we were able to put them under pressure and force them to cough up the balls where we could attack and counter-attack. We started to build confidence from that." Said fellow second-half substitute Nick Hagglund: "We came in with the mentality to really press them and make them play well. And I think when we did that, we showed that theyre human, that they make mistakes, just like us." On a night where he was on the marquee, Defoe was largely on the outside looking in. Defoe, 31, played 362 times in two stints with Tottenham before departing for Toronto FC in January. He scored 142 goals for Spurs, fifth on the clubs career scoring list. Ironically Defoe just hit No. 5 on Toronto FCs all-time MLS scoring chart with 11 goals in 14 MLS games -- evidence of the franchises past scoring woes. He said playing Spurs was strange but enjoyable. "I suppose when I finish football and I look back on these memories and really reflect and think You know what," (about) all the years at Tottenham -- its a special club with special fans. A good bunch of players. Nice people," he said. Defoe, balancing a plate of salmon, chatted with old Tottenham friends after the match before returning to the Toronto locker-room to do his media duties. The game was part of Defoes transfer agreement, which also featured a marketing deal between the two clubs. Its attention that the England striker clearly wouldnt mind doing without. "I just love playing football," he said. "I always have done. I think at the age of 31 to still wake up in the morning and still enjoy training and look forward to every game, I still get the same buzz. And to me thats importaant.dddddddddddd" Then again, he is making US$6.18 million this season, with the two cellphones sitting in his locker proof that he is by no means a hermit. Spurs controlled the first 45 minutes against a makeshift Toronto lineup, controlling possession for long stretches and then dispossessing Toronto when the home side got it back. Tottenham outshot Toronto 10-0 (3-0 in shots on target) in the first 45 minutes. Toronto, with six Canadians on the field, had a much stronger second half. Spurs again had more shots (10-5) but the home side had more on target (3-2). Wiedeman cut the deficit to 2-1 in the 65th minute. Rookie winger Daniel Lovitz, one of the bright spots for Toronto, made the goal by pouncing on a Tottenham turnover and driving towards goal before opening up the defence with a through ball to Wiedeman. Hamilton tied it up in the 73rd minute, capping off passes from Hagglund and Wiedeman with a clinical left-footed shot from the edge of the penalty box. It was the first goal for Toronto for Hamilton, who has been playing for the Wilmington Hammerheads of the USL Pro league this season. "Hes someone who impressed me from Day 1," said Defoe. "Strong, has a nice left foot and he can score goals." Nelsen said the loan to Wilmington has done wonders. "Weve seen a change ... Hes acting like man not a boy and he played like it today." Hamilton was humble afterwards when asked about his performance. But he clearly believes he has more goals in him. "I hope I have a lot more and a lot bigger ones. It was just a friendly but it was great to score my first goal for Toronto," he said. Lamela, who had one goal in a disappointing injury-shortened 2013-14 season, was one of 10 players withdrawn at halftime by Tottenham. The 22-year-old former Roma player reportedly cost Spurs a club-record 30 million pounds (C$55 million). The game came at an inopportune time for Toronto, squeezed between league games against Houston and Sporting Kansas City and in a month packed with eight contests. Toronto, already missing defenders Steven Caldwell and Mark Bloom and Brazilian winger Jackson through injury, essentially fielded just four regulars -- defender Doneil Henry, midfielders Dominic Oduro and Collen Warner, and Defoe -- in its starting 11. Goalie Joe Bendik didnt dress and star midfielder Michael Bradley did not stray from the bench. Goalie Chris Konopka, defenders Jeremy Hall and Ashtone Morgan and midfielder Lovitz have a combined two MLS starts between them this season. Konopkas MLS log reads two games in five seasons with four teams and he looked rusty. The 29-year-old was replaced by 19-year-old Roberts, who has also been playing for Wilmington. Roberts, who has yet to see MLS action but has now played against Roma, Liverpool and Tottenham, made several good saves. Lamela opened the scoring in the 16th minute on a pass from Roberto Soldado and a nice dummy from Aaron Lennon that froze the defence. The Argentine midfielder, who showed his flair from the get-go, then beat Konopka with an angled shot into the corner. Lamela made it 2-0 in the 40th minute from a similar spot after slick passing from Lennon and Soldado sliced open the home defence. Spurs opened their pre-season last Saturday with a 3-3 tie with the Seattle Sounders before 55,349 at CenturyLink Field. Their North American trip wraps up with a Sunday game in Chicago against the MLS Fire. Tottenham finished sixth in the Premier League last season with a 21-11-6 record. It kicks off this season Aug. 16 at West Ham. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '