Forums » News and Announcements

Million-dollar lottery winner sold in Lackawanna County

• 629 posts
    October 22, 2020 5:59 PM EEST

The winning ticket was sold at the Pantry Quik Convenience Store on Washburn Street in Scranton.Get more news about 菲律宾牛博包网,you can vist loto98.com Someone hit the jackpot with a Pennsylvania Lottery Cash 5 ticket sold in Lackawanna County. A Cash 5 ticket sold for the Monday, October 19 drawing matched all five balls drawn — 2, 7, 9, 25, 29 — to win $1,032,563.50. You have to play to win. That saying couldn't be more true for Barbara Cook from Scranton. She just won $1 million on a Cash 5 lottery ticket. "It's my husband. It's his numbers. He just had major surgery, so I was on duty to get his numbers that he plays religiously, and I walked in and told the girls, 'OK, I am here to do my job. I need these silly tickets again,'" Cook said. Barbara's husband has been getting lottery tickets at the Pantry Quik Convenience Store on Washburn Street in Scranton for 40 years. He plays the same numbers every time. She was on duty to buy tickets this week and on Monday night, all five numbers were drawn. "I couldn't believe it, because as luck would have it, the Scranton School District board and administration just furloughed all of us and I wasn't working. My husband had major surgery; he's still having more, and I still can't fathom. I mean he's been playing the same silly numbers." Barbara says between her husband's ongoing medical issues, her job loss and all the craziness 2020 has brought, this is a true miracle. "This couldn't have come at a better time. Christmas is coming, Thanksgiving. I mean it's going to be a lot different. It's just happy, still can't believe it though.' The store gets a $10,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket. Watch the live drawings from the Pennsylvania Lottery every day on WNEP-TV.