Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Browns offensive tackle Greg Robinson was

• 43 posts
    August 22, 2019 11:28 AM EEST

a major disappointment as the second overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. But he’s still just 26 years old and trying to turn himself into a productive NFL player Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , and he says another high pick is helping him get there.Robinson says lining up every day against Browns pass rusher Myles Garrett, the first overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, is making him better.“Honestly, I could not ask for a better situation [facing Garrett]. I feel like it is only going to prepare me for real game, live situations,” Robinson said, via Cleveland.com. “I do not feel like I will get that work anywhere else.”Robinson was moved into the starting lineup halfway through last year, after head coach Hue Jackson was fired and Freddie Kitchens took over the offense. Kitchens, now the head coach https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Seth-Devalve-Jersey , appears to believe in Robinson. And if Robinson can have success in practice against Garrett, it will be easy for the coaching staff to have faith in him. General manager John Dorsey wisely chose Olivier Vernon over Minnesota’s offer of DE Everson Griffen." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDawgs EDTShareTweetShareShareBrowns reportedly turned down Vikings trade offer for Kevin ZeitlerBrace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY SportsThe Cleveland Browns were able to bolster their pass rush by trading for defensive end Olivier Vernon in March. But Vernon might still might be a member of the New York Giants if the Minnesota Vikings had gotten their way.According to Andrew Krammer of The Star-Tribune, the Browns were in discussion with the Vikings about trading guard Kevin Zeitler to Minnesota in exchange for defensive end Everson Griffen:It is not clear who initiated the trade talks, but Browns general manager John Dorsey looks to have made the right call by acquiring Vernon, who is 28 years old and coming off a season where he earned a grade of 86.3 last season from Pro Football Focus, over Griffen, who is 31 and earned a grade of 68 from PFF last season.Speaking of Vernon, who has two years left on the five-year deal he signed with the Giants in 2016, Monday Morning Quarterback’s Andy Benoit had an interesting note in his article about the Browns draft needs. According to Benoit Kevin Zeitler Jersey , the Browns may be looking for a defensive end in the upcoming draft so that Dorsey will have the flexibility to release Vernon after just one year in Cleveland:While there has been some chatter about Vernon being a candidate for a re-structured contract at some point, this is the first time we’ve seen someone float out the idea of Vernon being a one-and-done player with the Browns.According to spotrac.com, Vernon carries a salary of $15.5 million in each of the next two seasons, but there is no dead money that would hit Cleveland’s cap space if Vernon were to be released. It seems a bit of a stretch to think that Dorsey would cut Vernon after just one season, especially since it cost the Browns one of the league’s best guards to acquire Vernon. More likely, the Browns will look to work out a new deal with Vernon that will give him some more financial security.