Forums » News and Announcements

on the Cubs. That wasnt my intent going in, but a trend emer

• 1201 posts
    March 18, 2019 2:39 PM EET

导出博客文章KANSAS CITY, Kan. Asics Uk Outlet . -- Jacob Peterson scored and Benny Feilhaber had an assist to help Sporting Kansas City beat the Portland Timbers 1-0 on Sunday.Peterson flicked a header, off a free kick by Feilhaber, to the bottom-right corner in the 50th minute.Alec Kann made a diving stop of a strike by Darlington Nagbe -- Portlands only shot on goal -- in the 10th.The Timbers (7-8-8) had chances in stoppage time. Jack McInerney blasted a right footer from the left side of the box off the crossbar in the first minute, and Fanendo Adis header, off a cross by Vytautas Andriuskevicius, from the right side of the 6-yard box missed wide right about three minutes later.Sporting (10-10-4) has won two in a row and five straight at home.Portland has lost two straight after an nine-match unbeaten streak.Kansas Citys Jimmy Medranda earned and fifth yellow card and will be suspended for Sportings next match, Aug. 7 at Portland. Asics Shoes Uk Sale . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Cheap Asics Shoes Online .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. http://www.cheapasicsuk.com/ . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. We can all agree that the Chicago Cubs are pretty good, yes? Theres really no argument against it. They have one of baseballs best records. They have baseballs strongest run differential. And its not like it came out of nowhere; they were good last year, then they improved. Its hard to imagine any team having a better chance of winning the World Series. I want to make this point clear: The Cubs are terrific.All right then.But lets take a closer look. The Cubs have been good because theyve performed well. Couldnt be simpler, right? Theres another, more hidden contributor, though. Have you happened to look at the Cubs schedule so far?I must admit, I didnt expect this post to focus on the Cubs. That wasnt my intent going in, but a trend emerged that is worth our attention. Schedule strength doesnt get talked about in baseball the way it gets talked about inn football. Cheap Asics Shoes From Uk. . The samples are bigger, and the opponents tend to be more uniform. Yet baseball schedules definitely are not balanced, and its possible to look at who has benefited and who has been hurt by it. And the Cubs, so far, have had it relatively easy, while the AL West-leading Texas Rangers have not.So I set out to examine individual players, looking for the hitters and pitchers who have faced the easiest and toughest individual opponents. Which hitters have faced aces with regularity, and which hitters have faced call-ups? Which pitchers have faced sluggers, and which pitchers have faced a ton of backups? The results of my findings are fascinating enough, but youll quickly see why the Cubs became the focus. ' ' '