Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

but had regained her composure by the

• 1341 posts
    November 20, 2018 10:04 AM EET

JOLIET, Ill. Adidas Ultra Boost Clearance . -- With numerous drivers needing a win to qualify for the first NASCAR Chase for the Truck Series championship, aggression and accidents ruled the final laps.Kyle Busch navigated it all to leave those hungry drivers disappointed.Busch overcame a race-record 11 cautions for his 46th career Truck Series victory Friday night. The Sprint Cup stars second circuit win of the season and fifth trucks win at Chicagoland Speedway meant Daniel Hemric and Timothy Peters earned the final two spots in the eight-driver playoff field based on points.It was kind of hectic, Busch said of the finish. There was a lot on the line for those guys. I know they were racing for a bunch. I was only worried about us.Busch took on four tires and re-started ninth with 42 laps to go before quickly charging to the front just before Johnny Sauter clipped Ben Kennedy to ignite a crash and red flag.There were four more cautions before Busch blew past Cameron Hayley on an overtime restart and had the lead when the final caution flew on the last lap. Busch led 95 of the 150 laps on the 1.5-mile oval for his 167th win on NASCARs top three circuits.Hemric finished second to earn a spot in the season-ending, seven-race playoff.We worked our tails off to get to this point, he said. We thought if we could figure out a way to get ourselves in we could make a serious run at the championship.Hayley was third, followed by Christopher Bell and Sauter.Were not in the Chase, Hayley said, but we cant say we didnt try.The race began with six of the eight Chase spots already determined. John Hunter Nemechek was the last to clinch after he tangled with Cole Custer in the grass before claiming a win in Canada.Top-seeded William Byron, 2015 champion Matt Crafton, Kennedy, Sauter and Bell also were safely in.Custer, who announced earlier Friday that he would move to the Xfinity Series next season with Stewart-Haas Racing, was penalized for speeding on pit road with 84 laps left. He still got into the top 10 late before being involved in a wreck that caused a tire rub. He finished 10th.Its the best truck I ever brought to a mile-and-a-half, so Im really happy with that, Custer said. I made a mistake and we put ourselves in a bad spot.Spencer Gallagher earned his first pole and John Wes Townley joined him on the front row. It rekindled memories of their on-track wrestling and boxing match after an incident at Gateway Motorsports Park in June that included takedowns and punches to the face.But mistakes kept both out of the Chase, with Townley sparking an accident that caused a late caution and Gallagher finishing sixth.Peters qualified for the Chase by finishing eighth despite hitting the wall and having a right-front tire go down on the 67th lap.Byron, a five-time winner who drives for Buschs team, scraped the outside wall after four laps and headed to the garage. He returned 40 laps later only to again crash and finished 30th.That was a bummer to see, Busch said. Hopefully, they can get back on their horse next week.Kennedys car was destroyed and damaged the SAFER barrier, causing a 14-minute delay. He was treated and released from the infield care center.Matt Tifft had to pit early with a loose wheel and finished 12th in his first race since undergoing surgery to remove a non-cancerous brain tumor. Tifft received applause when he was introduced in the pre-race driver meeting. Cheap Authentic Ultra Boost . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Adidas Ultra Boost Cheap Sale . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. http://www.cheapauthenticultraboost.com/ ;. 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. RIO DE JANEIRO -- It was a postrace news conference more strained and theatrical than any ready room at the Olympic swimming competition. The gold and silver medalists sat at either end of the table: a defiant American teenager suddenly thrust into the role of anti-doping crusader, and a shaken Russian swimmer trying to defend her presence.Neither has been served well by the powers behind the rings. Lilly King should have been able to enjoy her evening without shouldering that responsibility. Yulia Efimova shouldnt have been in Rio at all, left to dangle as the symbol of a failed system.Too late now. King, a brassy 19-year-old champion from Evansville, Indiana, who isnt technically old enough to celebrate with champagne, spoke her mind and tore the foil off the bottle. The sound you hear from Rio is a giant cork popping and frustration foaming out.The fa?ade of harmonized anti-doping rules has crumbled. Athletes are tired of dropping their drawers on command for a broken system, tired of being cautious and diplomatic.Its incredible, winning the gold medal and knowing I did it clean, King said after winning the 100-meter breaststroke in Olympic-record time (1:04.93, 0.57 ahead of Efimova). The performance came 24 hours after King and Efimova engaged in a public finger-wagging war and King labeled Efimova a drug cheat. Im not a fan, King told NBC after the semifinals.Kings statements followed similar ones by Australias Mack Horton, who won the 400 freestyle the day before. Other swimmers chimed in with support. The question is stubbornly afloat on the surface now, unlikely to be submerged again.Total props to him for speaking out first, King said of Horton. I admire that. He said what everyone was thinking and I also said what everyone was thinking. I think its a victory for clean sport just to show you can do it while competing clean your whole life.King was a toddler when Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong were in their prime, but she seems fully aware that doping knows no borders. She was specifically asked about 2016 U.S. track team member Justin Gatlin, a sprinter who has served two previous doping suspensions. She didnt blink.Do I think people who have been caught for doping offenses should be on the team? No, they shouldnt, she said.If it appears unseemly for athletes to become verbal vigilantes in this gathering ostensibly held to promote peace, love and understanding, assign the blame where it belongs. Blame the sporting politicians who ignored whistleblowers in Russia, stalled on investigating, then invented eligibility rules on the fly when evidence oof state-sponsored doping in Russia forced their hands. Adidas Ultra Boost Clearance Sale. egal challenges spilled over into the opening weekend of the Games. Efimova, 24, was one of a group of Russian athletes the International Olympic Committee tried to prevent from competing because of a previous doping suspension -- a 16-month ban ending in 2015 that was imposed after she tested positive for a steroid contained in a supplement.The maneuver was doomed because of a previous arbitration ruling, and widely interpreted as an empty gesture following the IOCs controversial compromise to clear the way for most of the Russian delegation.Earlier this year, Efimova became one of hundreds of athletes -- the majority from Russia -- who tested positive for the newly banned substance meldonium. The World Anti-Doping Agency later had to peel back many of the positives after belated research showed the drug could linger in the system for months, giving athletes plausible deniability to say they had stopped taking it before Jan. 1 of this year.But the meldonium flap left Efimova tagged as a two-time doper and made her a lightning rod for the increasingly high-voltage argument about how to reform the anti-doping system. That debate did not come in time to save the credibility of these Games.Efimova got the green light to race the day before preliminary heats, and was loudly booed by the crowd at the Olympic Aquatic Stadium all three times she walked out to the blocks. She sobbed as she stopped briefly for Russian reporters after the race, but had regained her composure by the time the podium ceremony was held. All three medalists did their duty in posing for pictures and walking the pool deck without betraying any hostility.King and Efimova did not shake hands.If I had been in Yulias shoes, I would not want to be congratulated by someone who did not speak highly of me, King said. If she was wishing to be congratulated, I apologize.King put intense pressure on herself by calling out Efimova. Her coach at Indiana University, Ray Looze, urged King to take the high road, but admitted he didnt throw a sawhorse in the way once she started talking.The athletes have to start speaking up, and they have, Looze said.The IOC and FINA [the sports international governing body] respond to money, he added, biting off the last word like so much beef jerky. If the money dries up, then theyll clean it up. Lilly kind of cracked it open, but we all believe the same way. Nobody likes this. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '