Forums » Suggestions

main in third place in the Me

• 764 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:27 AM EET

CHICAGO -- Anthony Rizzo wasted little time in getting to Adam Wainwright. Rizzo hit a two-run single in the first that ended Wainwrights scoreless streak at 25 innings, and the Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-5 Friday for their third win in four games. "Im not trying to do too much," Rizzo said. "See the ball and hit it, really try to swing at the pitches I want to hit, not pitchers pitches. Especially with Wainwright, his stuff is so good hes going to eat you alive." Wainwright (5-2) had allowed six runs in 45 innings coming in, but the Cubs matched the runs total in just five innings against the St. Louis ace, who gave up 10 hits. His ERA rose from 1.20 to 2.16. "They did a nice job of spoiling some pitches," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said of his batters. "Youve got to give them all the credit. They grinded out some at-bats today and reaped some benefits." Wainwright had been 6-0 in 12 previous starts and five relief appearances at Wrigley Field. "There were certain pitches today I didnt have good command over," he said. "My curveball was kind of sporadic in the zone and out of the zone, which is pretty rare for me. Its a funny game. Today was not my day. I accept that and take responsibility for today and move on." The scoreless streak was one inning shy of the career high for Wainwright, who had not allowed an extra-base hit since April 12 against the Cubs in St. Louis. "Hes been incredibly consistent through this season so far. ... You can see pitches were just on the edge and not where he wanted them or werent getting called," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "Its a frustrating day when he knows our guys put some offence up for him and we just cant stop them. He limited the damage and figured out ways to keep us in it. We had some chances." Rizzo added a leadoff home run in the fifth that put Chicago ahead 6-3. Welington Castillo had three doubles for Chicago, which sent the skidding Cardinals to their 10th loss in 16 games. Travis Wood (2-3) gave up three runs -- two earned -- and six hits in seven innings but allowed just one runner in his final three innings. Justin Grimm gave up Jhonny Peraltas two-run homer in the eighth, Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save. Cubs centerfielder Ryan Sweeney made a catch on the run in the eighth on a drive to right-centre by Allen Craig. Sweeney injured his right hamstring and was replaced by Emilio Bonifacio, who moved from second. "It was great determination," Renteria said. "Hammys hurt." St. Louis overcame its early deficit, tying the game in the third when Matt Carpenter singled in a run and scored on Peraltas double. Chicago loaded the bases in the bottom half on a pair of walks around Starlin Castros single. Ryan Sweeney drove in the go-ahead run with a weak grounder to second that allowed Rizzo to score from third, and Castillo followed with a two-out, two-run double. Castros throwing error from shortstop on Randal Grichuks grounder allowed Yadier Molina to score from third and cut the deficit to 5-3 in the fourth. NOTES: Cubs GM Jed Hoyer said RHP Jose Veras (left oblique strain) will begin his rehab assignment at Double-A Tennessee and pitch at some point in the next few days, depending on how he feels. ... Cubs prospect OF Jorge Soler (hamstring) is progressing at the teams facility in Mesa, Arizona. Hoyer said "the reports have been good" and he hopes Soler will join Tennessee soon. ... RHP Jack Arrieta is to make his big league season debut for the Cubs when he starts Saturday. RHP Michael Wacha (2-2) is slated to slart for St. Louis. 19:27ET 02-05-14 Cubs Kyle Schwarber Jersey . Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match. Cubs Tyler Chatwood Jersey . The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. http://www.cheapcubsauthenticjerseys.com/?tag=cubs-jose-quintana-jersey. It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Cubs Duane Underwood Jr. Jersey . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. Cubs Allen Webster Jersey .C. United on Saturday night and boost the Unions playoff hopes. Nick DeLeon scored in the 36th minute for United (3-23-6), which had ample opportunities to build on its lead but went its 10th straight match without a victory.PHILADELPHIA -- There is no secret to Bostons road success. The Bruins play their system and play it well no matter where they play. Patrice Bergeron scored the go-ahead goal in the second period and also tallied in the shootout to help Boston to a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday. The Bruins have won nine straight road games, a single-season club record. "Just being smart, playing the system and not forcing plays," Bergeron said. "Every time we take whats there, we have success." Reilly Smith, the fifth Boston shooter, clinched the victory in the shootout for the Bruins, who ended March 15-1-1. "Thats pretty impressive," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "Theyve stayed focused, theyve stayed humble, theyve stayed determined. Im very proud of the way weve handled this month." Vincent Lecavalier scored twice for the Flyers, including the game-tying goal with 25 seconds left in regulation. Lecavaliers first goal was the 400th of his career. "Ive always wanted to have a long career, but you dont come into the league saying, I want a certain amount of goals," Lecavalier said. "You come into the league saying, I want to win the Stanley Cup. I never even thought about 400. Now that it was today I was proud of it, but as a hockey player your goal is to win a Stanley Cup." Kimmo Timonen also scored for Philadelphia, which has lost three of four to remain in third place in the Metropolitan Division. "I thought our team competed real hard," Flyers coach Craig Berube said. "They had an attitude today that they were going to show them something and I think they did. I know the outcome wasnt what we wanted, but we attacked and put a lot of pucks at the net." Andrej Meszaros and Zdeno Chara also scored, and Tuukka Rask made a career-high 49 saves for the Bruins. "They play their system to a T no matter what," Berube said. "They dont vary from it. Theyre a very competitive, heavy team." Bergeron scored to give Boston a 1-0 lead in the shootout and Claude Giroux, Philadelphias second shooter, tied it. But no other Flyers shooter scored. The Bruins last road setback came in overtime Feb. 26 at Buffalo, and they havent lost on the road in regulation since a Jan. 9 defeat at Los Angeles.dddddddddddd Lecavalier scored his second goal with 25 seconds left. With goalie Steve Mason on the bench, Philadelphia pressed into the Boston zone. Johnny Boychuk had a chance to clear the zone, but the puck bounced over his stick on a backhand clearing attempt and went right to Jakub Voracek. Rask contested Voracek, who passed in front to a wide-open Lecavalier. It looked as if Boston had it won in regulation. Boston erased a one-goal deficit with a pair of second-period goals. Chara scored on the power play 5:44 into the period. Jarome Iginla set Chara up for the goal with a pass in front of the net, and Chara wheeled to his backhand and lifted it past Mason to the far side of the net. Bergeron continued his torrid pace with a goal in his seventh straight game, this one with 8:55 left in the period to give the Bruins a 3-2 advantage. Bergeron whirled around from the left circle and his turnaround shot slipped under Masons pads. The Flyers led 2-1 after an action-packed first period. Lecavalier opened the scoring just over five minutes into the game by beating Rask with a slap shot from the point that dipped under Rasks glove. Meszaros, who the Flyers traded to the Bruins at the trade deadline for a conditional third-round pick, tied it just over five minutes later when his wrist shot from the slot got past Mason on the stick side after Philadelphia had trouble clearing the zone. Philadelphias Zac Rinaldo raised the excitement level with a hard check on Iginla with just over four minutes left in the period and the players subsequently were penalized for fighting in a one-sided affair in favour of Rinaldo. Timonen gave Philadelphia a one-goal lead with 41.7 seconds left in the period by finishing an cross-ice, back-handed pass from Voracek. Notes: The Bruins won eight straight on the road during the 1971-72 and 1992-93 seasons. . Lecavalier became the 90th player to reach 400 goals. . The Bruins are the only team in the NHL against which the Flyers have a sub-.500 record all-time in Philadelphia. . Steve Downie (upper body injury) missed his fourth straight game for the Flyers. . Boston improved to 2-0 against the Flyers this season, counting a 6-1 win at Philadelphia on Jan. 25. The teams will conclude the regular-season series at 1 p.m. Saturday in Boston. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '